Jump to navigation Jump to search
“Movin' on up
To the East Side
To a deluxe apartment in the sky”
~ his theme song
Thomas Jefferson was the 3rd president of the United States and more.
Some fast facts:
- Jefferson was a polymath who knew more than you or I could ever hope. Nobody likes a smartass.
- Jefferson was a redhead. When the British found out he was a ginger when his wig slipped, they immediately declared war.
- Jefferson really loved his slaves, like Sally Hemings. Just not enough to set them free.
- Jefferson also really loved American Indians, starting the US traditions of signing treaties that were never ratified and "White Man speak with forked tongue."
- Jefferson was a proponent of democracy, republicanism and individual rights, none of which exist today.
- Jefferson was responsible for the Louisiana Purchase, which the US has been trying to give back to France ever since.
- Jefferson is NOT the subject of a "where are they now" clickbait site on the internet at all.