You wrestle with the shadow in a mad scrap, making a cloud of smoke like those in the cartoons. The thing you're wrestling is suprisingly flimsy. It starts to speak.
"Aargh! Let go of me you fool! I'm fragile."
You let go in a moment of panic and catch sight of what it is. It's a man made out of paper. What the hell?
"I'm paperman. And I'd appreciate it if you didn't wrestle me like that!"
You both get up off the dirty water covered floor, and you watch tentativley as he brushes himself off. I don't even know what that word means, but it sounds good right?
- "I got flushed down here a million years ago! Or so it feels like that long. Besides, what are you doing down here?"
You reply "Same", like a boring MSN messenger contact who whenever they talk they respond with one word.
- "Hey come on, you can say more than that. You aren't a boring MSN Messenger contact" Gee what are the odds huh? He knew exactly what you were thinking.
- "Yes I know exactly what you're thinking! I can read peoples minds. What.. hey!"
You think of killing the Paperman again.
- "Wait a minute" you say, "If you know what I'm thinking, then how come you couldn't tell I was sneaking up on you to kill you?"
- "Shut up, I'm not a psychic fool. I'm a side kick. Right? I can do naff all when you put it that way. I'm so lonely..." :(
You give him a piece of paper to wipe his tears on.
- "Thanks. Hey! This is my arm!"
- "Anyway, have this backpack thing. It has some stuff in you may find useful. Oh yeah and I'm coming with you. I don't care if you don't like that"
You obtain a Lighter.
You obtain a Meat n' Tator Pie, which taking a bite replenishes your health.
"Now where to, sailor?"
You briefly explain to him that you are not a sailor.
"Yes I knew that..."
Paperman joins your party.